Sunday, May 26, 2013

Media Blog #10: Beardvertising.

So apparently there's this new thing called "Beardvertising", where you get paid $5 a day to put a little clip in your facial hair that has an advertisement on it. What.

It's kind of a cool idea, but I still feel very skeptical about it. So far it seems pretty legit, but at the same time I may or may not trust a guy who wears it. The website linked clearly uses wit and humor as an ad technique, as proven by it's old timey photos of guys with beards, and arrows pointing to facial hairs saying "your ad goes here". The target market is obviously men 20-40. And I'm kinda mad because I would like to get paid $5 a day, but I don't have a beard. Or at least not a real one.

This ad could also technically appeal to serial killers, but could you imagine. Getting stabbed to death. The searing pain in your abdomen as you lay in a dark alley way. Your fingers going cold, and you begin to feel very sleepy. Your clothes feel wet, and as you're choking on your tears and mucus you look up to a set of slimy yellow teeth peering out from behind thin wet lips like small worms. He grins and you shiver, as his wiry beard moves frigidly with his body movements. As you search for a last glimmer of hope, your mouth tastes metallic. As your eyes flutter with what might be your last glimpses of the world, you see it. "Mini Polar Swirls". You release one last gasp of breath and realize "damn that would hit the spot right about now."

1 comment:

  1. I love facial hair it makes meh tingley in da head. If i could get other peoples facial hair it would make me tinglely all over mah body. It doesnt hav to beh facial hair to make me tingley normal hair or I would like special hairto make me super tinglely

    ReplyDelete